Glad to have contributed at DR9A station in the MO section.
Our log was not clean enough to have hold a score over 500’000 points.
See comments below from the IARU guys:
Comment to the 2017 September contest results:
2017 September contest is a special one – after 33 years the “magic line” of 500k points was crossed again. The remarkable achievement of DR9A now places them to September contest “hall of fame”:
– OK1KHI/p (MO) won with 591193 points in 1981 which still remains the highest ever claimed score in the 61 years history of this contest
– OE5XXL (MO) was second with 553769 points same year
– F6HMQ/p (SO) scored 554770 points in 1984 – highest ever SO score of all times
– F6CJG/p won MO section with 547542 points in 1984
– DR9A (MO) claimed 511079 points in 2017
We all look forward to year 2018 where other teams will try to beat DR9A and hopefully more will score above 500k points 🙂
This article (http://lea.hamradio.si/…/imag…/IARU_VHF_Contest_Analysis.pdf) may offer deeper insight into difficulties of reaching 500k points in September VHF contest.
I have been rather quiet with the updates on this blog.
This is now to confirm my trip to Cape Verde to the D4C station tomorrow morning, with multiple purposes:
- Taking care of the VHF section of D4C/B installation with the help of EA8FF Marc. I will carry a 5/8 vertical antenna so that evevtually the 50.436 MHz beacon will TX in omnidirectional
- oing some WARC QSO prior to the contest
- Hoping for good 2m conditions and running some nice Tropo QSOs
- Running the ARRL 10m contest: see article here: http://d4c.cc/?p=13108
p class=”text_exposed_show”>We’re looking forward to contacting your station, even with a simple vertical antenna!
73, Andrea HB9DUR