Author Archives: Andrea HB9DUR
Here is a new digital mode that comes to you from the makers of JT-9 and JT-65.. Called FT-8 (Franke-Taylor design, 8FSK modulation)
A weak signal mode that is not as sensitive to JT-65/9 but definitely something that will work when voice and CW will not. This is an introduction to someone who has never heard of it, or never has used JT-65 before. It may not be for everyone, but everyone should try it.
View original post 21 more words
I am looking for a second hand Kenwood TS590G (manufactured after 2014) as per below description taken from G3NRW website.
Max price EUR 700.
Tnx 73 , Andrea HB9DUR
The TS‑590 was superseded in October 2014 by the TS‑590G, again produced in three power versions: TS‑590SG (100W), TS‑590DG (50W) and TS‑590VG (10W).
There is little difference in the outward appearance of the TS‑590 and the TS‑590G. The main distinguishing feature between the two is the legend on the front panel above the LCD display: the TS‑590 has the legend DSP, whereas the TS‑590G has the legend HF/50 MHz Transceiver TS-590.
This year I am lucky enough to be able to attend to the following events:
- Contest University, Dayton
2. Dayton HAMVENTION 2017
1.Contest University will be held on Thursday May 18, 2017, from 7:00am to 5:00pm, at the Crowne Plaza Hotel in Dayton, Ohio the day before the Dayton Hamvention officially opens. See the program
CTU 2017 Topics:
- It’s a Fun Game – Let’s Operate The Right Way – W5ZN
- How to Improve your Transmitting Antennas for Low Solar Activity – W3LPL
- Introduction to Introduction to Contesting – NØAX
- CW and RTTY Skimmer and the Reverse Beacon Network – N6TV
- Optimizing 6 Meter Contest Scores Utilizing JT Digital Modes – W5ZN
- Easy to Build Low Band Receiving Antennas for Small and Large Lots – W3LPL
- A Deep Dive Into Stacking Yagis – W8WWV
- Grounding and Bonding for the Little Pistol and Medium Gun – NØAX
- RTTY Contesting, A to Z – WØYK
- How to Adapt your DX Contest Strategies for Low Solar Activity – W3LPL
- Little Pistols, Bigger Scores – K2YWE
- The Advantages of Waterfall Displays for Contesting and DXing – N6TV
- Advanced Topics in RTTY Contesting – WØYK
- Contesting is Amateur Radio’s Shining Star – ALL – 10 minutes – K3LR
- The Wonderful World of Space Weather – Dr. Tamitha Skov
- Antennas and Propagation – W3LPL
- Contest Shack Design Ideas – NØAX
- Waterfalls, Recordings and Reverse Beacon Network – N6TV
- Antenna/Tower Reliability – W3YQ
- Small Stations With Big Ideas – K2YWE
- Receiving Antenna Ideas – W3LPL
- RTTY Contesting Discussion – WØYK
- Disruptive Technologies, How they Change our Hobby – NCØB
2.Dayton HAMVENTION will be held May 19, 20 and 21, 2017 at the Greene County Fairgrounds and Expo Center.
The show is moving from HARA arena in Trotwood, Ohio. The new location, Greene County Fair & Exposition Center in Xenia, Ohio, is about 20 miles south-east of HARA.
You can book your QSL and I will handover them to you at the booth. More info.
I’m looking forward to your visit.
73, Andrea HB9DUR